Sunday, January 8, 2012

B and the Eye Doctor

Brooklyn has had headaches her whole life.  She had a couple of bad falls when she was a toddler and I have always been convinced the headaches are caused by that.  We have had an MRI and EEG, which were both negative.  The last week of school before Christmas break, she had one so bad she started throwing up.  Maybe it's her eyes?!  After her appointment this past week, she is okay!  It was funny watching her though - especially at that horrible glaucoma machine.  You never know when that puff of air is going to knock you out of the chair - oh the suspense!  And I couldn't help laugh!  The dilation of her eyes was kind of funny too - the after part with her lovely glasses and her one eye still huge!  I hate having drops put in my eyes, so I felt a lot of sympathy for her going through that part.  When the doctor was finished he asked her if she had any sunglasses.  Of course she didn't and he said, "Okay.  I'll give you some."  Not what B expected!  Old lady!




Since the eyes are okay, we headed back to the pediatrician.  And since our beloved Dr. Brown moved to Galveston, we saw Dr. Whitney (love her!)  She gave her a nose spray for migraines and in the meantime is working on a referral to a neurologist in Dallas.  We will see where that takes us!

Again, I'm thankful for my insurance!

No comments:

Post a Comment