Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hey Daddy!

I am 40 years old, but still love it when my daddy comes around and I can walk in the room and say, "hey daddy!"  Taylor just has to look at him and she starts laughing!  Before he leaves a visit, he has told us the same story at least two times! 

He retired a few years ago and I had been meaning to get his lunch box all this time.  I knew he was coming over yesterday so I called and asked him to bring it.  This thing is around 50 years old and I love it!  Mother used to always put a piece of pan friend round steak or a hamburger patty, two pieces of bread, a honey bun, a banana and a Snicker bar (you wouldn't believe how health conscious he is now!)  Inside, he always had a folded up paper towel, a little plastic container that held his tooth picks and I'm pretty sure Anacin (which he chewed - sick!)

One day, mother got our "bread" mixed up for lunch.  I got two pieces of plain bread and he got a peanut butter sandwich!



Its new home for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment