Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hot Time in the City!

Last week was vacation - sort of!  My dear friend from high school, Jeanette Davis Cobb, showed us how to tile our backsplash.  Like I've said before, remodeling our kitchen has taken a long time and this was just another step.  I loved putting up the backsplash and had to kick Carey out of the way.  He was assigned to stain the upper cabinets so he would leave me alone!  Here's a sneak peak:

By the end of the week we were ready to get out of town.  We started with dropping off Gus at the cousin's house in Rowlett.  Kamden and Kaden were getting ready for some football!



Maybe we'll see these boys here one day!

This picture was taken from the Ranger's Ballpark!

Of course both tours started in the Pro-Shop.  FYI - self paced tours are $17.50 each.


Yep!  You're seeing that right!  Dionne Sanders jersey.  Emmitt's was only $243.00.  But remember, tax is included!!


On the way to Dallas, we stopped at the Tanger Outlet Mall in Terrell.  I am not a shopper, so Carey took the girls to the Nike store.  I vaguely remember a conversation about a $6 shirt.  This must be that shirt.  That's what I get for sending a man to shop!

Now that's what I call lights!

He was just pretending to run onto the field.....really!



Big AND clear!


In the cheerleader's locker room. Those uniforms can not be comfortable!

Thought this was a cool name!

The grandpa tour guide was determined to take a family picture.  Awkward...



Had to take a picture of the restroom/showers.  Got to be the cleanest mens room (for now!)  Note to self - turn off flash when taking a picture of tile.  Another note to self - learn how to turn off flash.

Landry the man!




Now onto some baseball!




Hmmm.....I really hope his co-workers didn't tell him he missed a spot or anything like that!  That would be rude.

Beautiful!  37,360 in attendance!  No wonder there was a slight problem with parking!

  They still make Gulf??  I didn't know that!

Colby Lewis

Taylor's favorite.  Ian Kinsler.

Josh Hamilton.  B's favorite.  He's eating sunflower seeds.  Those pants are going to need some Shout!

Bases were loaded and I can't remember the outcome.  I know it wasn't a grand slam :(




She was over my picture taking!

We were soooo hot.

And we WON!!  12-2

And we ended the night with some fireworks!

What a week!  After spending the night at Kim's we went to Ikea.  It overwhelmed my family!!  I had only been there once before, but I sitll love it.  It wouldn't hurt if they scattered benches throughout the store - you know, for breaks!

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment