Wednesday, July 6, 2011

That Wasn't So Bad!

My day started with many birthday wishes and a phone call from my dad asking me if I felt any older!  At 7:30 a.m., I felt the same (39.9)!  I guess some people take a milestone birthday pretty hard, but for me, it wasn't that bad!  Here I am with a few of my gifts!


One of my favorite restaurants is Dudley's and we had a fine dinner there.  On Friday, we went to see Cars 2.  We were all looking forward to this movie, but I personally was disappointed.  I thought the first one was much better!

On top of turning 40, we have been very busy with some home remodeling.  First, we had an aerobic system installed on our 20 year wedding anniversay - romantic, huh?!  Later a new metal roof.  And mixed in there, we had the three pine trees cut down.  The tree cutting has been met with mixed emotions, but after the first five years of living with them, I knew one day they would have to go!  During that time I really did enjoy the HUGE pine cones they put off, but not all of the raking and the MESS!  I have had friends protest, sad family members and even a friend of my dad's stop and tell me that the previous owner was turning over in his grave (Mr. Koon had them brought in from Florida).  I'm just not a lover of pine trees in MY yard :)

Now you see them.......


Now you don't!!



Another project has been our kitchen.  This one has and is taking forever!!  I've wanted a green ceiling for a long time - ever since one of my co-workers from 15 years ago told me she painted hers green!  Crazy to think about a green kitchen ceiling for that long!  Then I got to thinking it would be neat to have a crackle ceiling.  The problem with that is, they don't sell crackle paint by the gallon (or at least not at Home Depot).  So I just took a pretty dry brush and just did one board at a time!  I LOVE MY GREEN CEILING!!


And last but not least, new appliances!  It's been about 18 years since we bought a new stove or dishwasher.  The dishwasher really died about a year ago, but we've kept on using it.  It's been like a Timex - it kept on ticking (or kind of washing!)  There were so many prongs missing it really just looked like a big plastic tub.  I was a bit bummed when they opened the new stove and it had a big dent in the top, but a replacement one is on the way.  So here is our new, not side-by-side, fridge!


For a year of milestones such as being married for 20 years (to the same person!) and turning 40, it really hasn't been bad!  I'm so blessed!

2 comments:

  1. You look darling as always. Have you aged at all?!? I think NOT! I'm turning the big 4-0 in one more week. I'd forgotten that our birthdays were only a week apart! We need new appliances, too. I'd LOVE to have a new fridge - I've been looking at one just like yours. Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that pine trees are a chore...pine needles are the worst to have to rake. Glad I found your blog! Looking forward to keeping up with you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete