Monday, August 22, 2011

And They're Off!

Today is always met with mixed emotions and always includes butterflies!  Taylor started her junior year of high school (LHS) and Brooklyn is going into 6th grade (Judson Middle School.)  For years I have served the girls breakfast in bed, but Taylor outgrew it sometime in middle school and Brooklyn is "too old" for it now :(  I was very lucky to get this "one" picture of Taylor.  She insisted she wasn't going to school, but to practice - well, it's still school!

Viewettes start at 7:00 each morning!

Breakfast for champions!  We love our cinnamon toast!

Brooklyn's lovely lunch!

Our famous red tips.  This is where the majority of our first day of school pictures have taken place.  Poor things - they're so thirsty!



Brooklyn's first class is Intro. to Golf and they meet at the Aquatic Center at the high school.   And Taylor's first class of course is drill team.  The Viewettes are on the field practicing when I drop Brooklyn off - just across the road from the Aquatic Center.  It was kind of neat to see my girls so close together this morning.  Since they're 5 years apart, they'll never be on the same campus together. 

I do love this sweet song my sister taught Taylor when she was little:

School days, school days
Dear old Golden Rule days
‘Reading and ‘riting and ‘rithmetic
Taught to the tune of the hick’ry stick
You were my queen in calico
I was your bashful, barefoot beau
And you wrote on my slate, “I Love You So”
When we were a couple o’ kids
(Will Cobb & Gus Edwards, 1907)

School-Days-1907.jpg

I haven't been to school in many, many years, but I still get butterflies too!  Can't wait to see them this afternoon and hear all of the stories!

Go Lobos and Go Blue Devils (I know, I know)

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I just caught up on your blog. I love all the entries! I can't believe they have golf in middle school! That's so cool.

    ReplyDelete