Sunday, October 2, 2011

General Conference


I am anal about going in chronological order with my blog, but sometimes you have to take a detour!  After an unsuccessful attempt of watching conference on the internet, I've been watching it on my phone.  No matter how small or large the screen is, the words are glorious music to my ears!  I didn't do a good job of taking handwritten notes yesterday, but so many of the talks have touched me.  I especially love the one about managing our time better.  We must put God and family first!!  I really needed this.  The past several months have been extremely hectic and demanding.  And President Thomas S. Monson telling Elder Carl Cook, "it's better to look up!" 

It can be so easy to have pitty parties.  I try to determine when one is coming on, RSVP to it (that I'm coming), but change my mind at the last minute and don't give into the temptation.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't - but the truth is, I always feel better when I don't give in (at least not too long.)  I'm not saying a good cry every now and then doesn't help, I just don't want to make a habit of it! 

Everything shall be for our experience and our good - whether we understand them or not.




Thy will be done

No comments:

Post a Comment