Thursday, October 13, 2011

Taylor Swift - For Real!

This year for Taylor's birthday we went to see Taylor Swift at Cowboy Stadium.  Of course her birthday isn't until November 23, but we celebrated a little early.  Since we were already in the Dallas area for the football game, we just made a weekend of it.  After going to the Galleria and shopping a bit, it was time to head to the hotel to get ready for the big night!  And a big day AND night it was!  The State Fair was going on, the OU vs Texas game was being played that afternoon and the Rangers were playing right next door and the game started about the same time as the concert!  Whewwh!  I do not like driving in the crazy traffic, but luckily my GPS took me around all of the interstates - it was lovely!  And parking was a breeze as well.  It cost $35, but what are you going to do?!

Marissa Hadley, Andrea Roark, Sophie Tibiletti and Taylor

The girls loved shopping at Forever 21!



At the hotel on our way to get food and then the concert!

This place is HUGE!


It literally took me about 15 minutes of holding on to my seat to calm down.  We were SO high up.

Me and my dear friend Melanie Talbot!  It was so cool to see her there!  We went to BYU Women's Conference in 2009 - love trips with this gal!


Special effects!

Thank goodness they turned on the BIG screen, because we were at the very top!  I could look over the top of the jumbo tron and see people sitting on the other side.  Two event staff personnel told us they weren't going to turn it on - we were so bummed!  BUT THEN......



In case you have wondered what she written down her left arm, it's the lyrics to Don Henley's, "The Boys of Summer."  (A little voice inside my head said don't look back, you can never look back)

Surprise guest:  B. o. B. - okay I don't know him, but he popped out of the stage and the crowd went crazy.  He sings "Airplanes" (you know, "Let's pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars.  I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now.  Got it?!)

We had a GREAT time ALL weekend!  And we were so tired after the concert - we made a run to Whataburger, ate at the hotel and crashed!  For all of you who have heard that Taylor Swift can't sing live, she can.  I wasn't a believer until I went.  I would go again in a heartbeat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment